Wednesday, April 30, 2008

whew

Well, recital's over and I have time to breathe for the first time in months. It went pretty well. Not everything was perfect, of course, but I was happy with it for the most part. It was enough just to get through the Dorati. Loeffler was not our best performance, but it was decent. Remember went quite well, I think, as did Poulenc, and the Vivaldi was a fun way to end. I think my general comfort level with playing a recital was much better, so I was able, once the Dorati was done, to relax and enjoy the music. Not a lot of people came, a lot less than last year, but it seems that there were just too many other things going on at the same time so lots of people couldn't make it. Anyway, we had fun eating cookies afterwards :)

I had fun with my mom over the weekend at the Huntington Library & Gardens (the roses were in full bloom and looked great), the Norton Simon Museum (wonderful art), shopping at the Promenade, and in Malibu at Point Dume, with was gorgeous and cooler than the rest of LA. I'm not sure why it was so hot this weekend, but it was pretty horrible. Now it's back in the 60s. I just have my viola jury (eek! I need to pratice those doublestops!!!!) and one exam left. And Prokovief 5 with AYS this weekend, but that EH part is way more fun than stressful, so I can relax and enjoy it. And I can actually hang out with people and be social!!! What a concept.

No comments: