Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Disgusted

I'm disgusted with the Senate right now.  I just don't understand why ANYONE would think it's a bad thing for people to need a background check to own a gun.  I also don't see why anyone would need an automatic weapon.  I personally don't own or want a gun, but I can see where people would want one for their protection or for hunting or such.  But a machine gun?   I know that this country was founded on the belief that we should have the right to protect ourselves from a tyrannical government, but, 1) we made this government ourselves, so why are we so afraid of it 2) really?  an automatic weapon is going to help you against a predator drone?  and finally 3) our founding fathers had muskets in mind, not machine guns.  I am so tired of people trampling MY RIGHT to not get gunned down by a crazy person when I least expect it because they think I'M trampling THEIR right to carry the aforementioned weapon, useless for what they expect to use it for and yet horrifically effective in decimating innocent civilians.

I also just wish people would use common sense.  The answer to senseless violence is not MORE GUNS.  It's backwards logic.  Just be REASONABLE.  That's really what it comes down to.  I am just so frustrated and angry. 

No comments: