Sunday, May 4, 2008

i heart prokovief 5

Just finished Prokofiev 5 with AYS. It was pretty awesome. I had a great time playing with everyone! Even though the concert got out to a rocky start for me. We played some folk songs by Liadov, very simple and easy, and perhaps because of that, I was a total space cadet and came in a bar early on a solo. I felt SOOOO idiotic. I haven't made as stupid a mistake as that in a long time. I thought I was beyond that kind of thing. Guess not. It worries me, have to admit. I don't see my colleagues making such idiotic mistakes. Wonder if there is something wrong with my brain. I've been blanking on names and words recently, too . . . I hope I don't have some horrible degenerative brain disease! Most likely I'm just an idiot, though.

Anyway, the Prokofiev was just wonderful, I'm so glad I got to play it again! The EH part is so much fun -- lots of low register fun stuff with bassoon, horn, viola :) I'll miss some of the people who are leaving, but I'm looking forward to next year. It was just one of those nights that I was happy to play and happy to be in the company of my friends.

No comments: