Tuesday, October 23, 2007

mini-vacay OVER

I'm back in LA, and not necessarily all that happy about it. It's hot and VERY dry. My hair is static-y like in winter in Chicago (taking off your coat and then touching your metal locker to get your instrument sometimes produced visible sparks). I had a gig out in Glendora today, and there were little pieces of ash floating around in the air. The sky is a weird color from the smoke, and it smells funny in places. So far, no one I know has been affected by the fires, but I know lots of others have, and I hope that those horrible Santa Anna winds die down soon for their sakes. I saw some of the fires from the plane and they looked scary, way too close to populated areas.

I'm getting really tired of school, and was not happy to have to cram for a midterm today. Since I got a break from driving this weekend, I haven't been freaking out about it as much, but since I went to Glendora today and tomorrow I might do Santa Clarita-USC-Pacific Palisades, I'm not sure how long that will last. And I'm super tired right now, so that's all I have to say. Yes, I'm grumpy about my mini-vacation in Chicago being over.

2 comments:

shirleymirley said...

it's good to have you back, Gabbou!
i missed you!
wouldn't it be great if the sky opened up and poured right now? It would snuff out the fires and clear the air. AHHH. if only!!
now that would be an act of god!!

Gabrielle said...

thanks, shirley :) i'm glad the smoke is finally gone.