Sunday, April 21, 2013

DC trip

My life lately has been a bit schizophrenic and definitely too focused on work.  So, I decided to take a little vacation for myself, get out of LA for a few days and not think about oboe or teaching or reeds at all.  I was thinking of places I could visit friends (New York?  too cold still.  Chicago?  ditto.), when "Washington, D.C." occurred to me.  It should be pretty nice by early April, and those famous cherry blossoms should be blooming, and I happen to have several friends who live there.  After checking in with a few of those friends about accommodations and schedules, I checked airline tickets.  United-$500, nothing non-stop? Ixnay.  Southwest-also $500, nothing non-stop? Nope.  Delta, $350, non-stop?  Yes, please!!  So I booked the tickets and had something to look forward to. 

So, to help me remember my trip, I'm posting a few photos and stories. 

No comments: