Tuesday, November 4, 2008

i voted!!!

Today, I proudly cast my vote for Barack Hussein Obama to become the next president of the United States of America. I also voted YES on Prop 2 and NO on Prop 8.



Although the process was not as satisfying as I remember it being as a child in Connecticut, where my mom took me into the voting booth with her and let me "help" her vote by pushing the right levers, it was certainly cooler than voting absentee. And I've decided that the California system actually is kind of satisfying, because you can really punch that inker :) I was so happy to wear my sticker:



And I passed Starbucks on the way home for my free coffee:



I didn't have to wait on line for more than 5 minutes, and since the polling location is within walking distance from home, the whole thing, including coffee, only took about 30 minutes. Not bad. Now we just have to wait . . .

No comments: