Thursday, January 3, 2008

nightmare on michigan ave

I had THE weirdest dream last night. I dreamt that my old teacher made poisoned cookies with his mom and handed them out to CSO musicians, and in so doing wiped out the rest of the oboe section and half the violas. Why he had it in for the violas I don't know. For some reason, the oboe section was large, like a string section, but it was more of an abstract idea, and I didn't know any of them. I did check to see if a few specific musicians were OK, and the ones I knew were fine. But people had actually died as a result of the cookies! I was very upset about this, and kept talking with various musicians trying to convince them he was innocent, but in the end they all convinced me that alas, it was true. I was so upset at this point that I woke up. In retrospect, it's hilarious, but I was really horrified in my dream!! When I was little I had this idea that if you told someone your bad dream it made it less likely to come true, and I still get relief from relating bad dreams, so I thought I'd post it here. Besides, it is rather amusing in its own ridiculous way. I mean, poisoned COOKIES??

No comments: