Saturday, January 27, 2007

Kim's here!

Kim's here! Northwestern Kim, as opposed to LA Kim, who's obviously always here. And who needs knee surgery :( I'm really glad to have her, I think we're meeting some oboe friends at the Huntington Library tomorrow, perhaps catching an LA Phil performance with Gil Shaham. Things have been crazy busy lately, and will be again soon, so I'm glad to have this weekend to enjoy with Kim.

Jessica sent me a postcard AND a letter, and after quite a long time, it was good to hear from her. She's in Alaska now. I wish I could go to Alaska. I think I'm developing the need to travel again. Sometimes after particularly adventurous journeys I lose any desire to travel for quite a while, but it has been a long time, and I want to do something fun this summer. Which means I'm really stressed out about summer music festival crap. I still need to find a few more to apply to that I can actually get into, since at this point I might not have any summer plans. Urgh. Must stay sane.

No comments: