Friday, April 20, 2012

I heard this article on the radio yesterday.  Come on Vatican, I know you're still stuck in the 16th century, but could you maybe at least try gaining towards the 19th or so?   And then, "Her group was also cited in the Vatican document, along with the Leadership Conference, for focusing its work too much on poverty and economic injustice, while keeping “silent” on abortion and same-sex marriage."  (http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/19/us/vatican-reprimands-us-nuns-group.html)

TOO MUCH OF ITS WORK ON POVERTY AND ECONOMIC INJUSTICE???  Have they ever even HEARD of Jesus Christ?  Exactly how much did he talk about abortion and same-sex marriage?  Uh huh.  Now how much did he talk about poverty and helping others who are less fortunate?  Forget talking about that, how much did he DO to help those who were less fortunate?  Yup.  Regardless of the church's stance on these abortion and same-sex marriage, poverty and economic injustice should definitely come BEFORE them, in my humble opinion.  And also, the church needs to allow women priests. I know it moves at a glacial pace, but I would really love it if that happened sometime in my lifetime.  OK, this blog isn't really a place for me to discuss religious matters, but having grown up at least marginally Catholic, this just really bothered me and I needed to vent.  I might take the post down but I needed to get this off my chest first. 

No comments: